Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 October 2013

I Have a Dream

     I have a dream, that one day I will proudly step into the classroom on time. I have a dream, that one day the infernal racket of my alarm will finally coax me to my feet to face the fate of each day. I have a dream, that the word "tardy" will be completely abolished from my vocabulary.

     But it takes time. It takes time, to change ones drowsy and dreary ways. It takes time, to erase all recollection of any instances of being "late" for class. It takes time to learn the great art of time management. Yet in 4 score years, I will have eradicated my lazy ways. In 4 score years people will associate the name Graham as one of punctuality. In 4 score years... I may also be dead.

     However this does not deter me from continuing to try. It does not deter the hope and motivation that dwindles inside of me. It does not deter me from striving perfection, for every millisecond closer I am to being on time brings me one step closer to success.

      One day Mr. VanCamp will look me in the eyes and say "Thank you for being on time". One day I will take prominent steps into the class that shake the very foundations of normal. One day I will not get a phone call home for being late.

     Tomorrow will be the beginning of this long haul journey of change. Tomorrow I will start by uplifting myself with pride knowing that all my English homework is complete. Tomorrow is another day, but as for today, I think that's enough writing, I'm already late for my next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment